Anah Shrine circus back in Presque Isle

Jenn Brewer

Taylor Brewer ‘26 works selling concessions at the circus in 2022.

Ethan Dionne, Staff Writer

The Anah Shrine circus is coming to town. People can interact with clowns, get snow cones or cotton candy from the vendors, or just enjoy the show. Like last year, the circus is hiring up to twelve students to become vendors for the next three days. The only difference is the age requirement. Last year, students thirteen or above were able to work for the circus. Now, the minimum age requirement is sixteen.

The shows are May 4 at 7:00 pm, May 5 at 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm, and May 6 at 10:00 am, 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm.

I asked Trey Newcomb ’24 about how he would feel about working at the circus and going to the circus in general. “I think it’s a good opportunity and you could make a lot of money from it. I would probably go to the circus with my friends because they’re my best buddies.”

I then asked a person who worked at the circus last year, Taylor Brewer ’26 about her experience working at the circus. “I liked working at the circus, because you make a lot of money. Although it was tiring, it really paid off. I’m pretty excited to work again this year,” Brewer said. “Last year was more tough considering it was my first year, and I didn’t really know all the tips and tricks to getting the most money. We get 20% of the money from what we sell, and the person that sells the most gets a 50 dollar bonus, which motivates us to sell even more. I think it’s weird now how you have to be sixteen, because it didn’t seem to be a problem last year.”