Humans of the Sophomore Class

Mikey Perkins

Molly Irwin

Mikey Perkins ‘20 outside his 6th period class

Molly Irwin, Staff Writer

Funny, smart, and kind are the words that describe Michael “Mikey” Perkins, a fifteen year-old sophomore. Perkins enjoys school and the people in it.

“I like not being called a ‘freshie’” is how Perkins responded when asked what he liked about being a sophomore. A “freshie” is a term used by many upperclassmen to jokingly tease the members of the new freshmen class.

Perkins’ dream job is to be a software engineer which is a field of engineering for designing or writing programs for computers and other electronic devices.

Mikey enjoys running, and he’s a member of the PIHS cross country team. The school has provided a sport that Perkins enjoys being active in. Although the running season is over, due to the state of Maine’s infamous winter weather, that doesn’t stop Perkins from running and enjoying the sport he’s associated with. Perkins explains that the reason he likes the cross country team is because he runs outside of school.

“I also enjoy playing video games.” His favorite video game is Rainbow Six Siege which involves tactical shooting. “Video games are an outlet for me to escape the stresses of school. The shooting and the fact that I am able to play with my friends from school is what the game is like for me to play.”