• December 19 NHS Blood Drive – (Upper Gym: 9:00AM-2:00PM)

• December 18 PIHS Winter Concert – (Aud. – 7:00PM)

• December 14 GT Poetry Outloud Competition – (PIHS Auditorium)

• December 13 GT High School Performance Arts Day – (Limestone 9:00AM – 1:15PM)

• December 12 Math Meet # 3 at Easton High School – (2:45PM – 6:00PM)

2018 Track Season Insights

Back to Article
Back to Article

2018 Track Season Insights

Track season for the Wildcats starts off a little differently here than it does elsewhere.  Track members had to come to practice with their boots, mittens and shovels so they could clear off the the snow from the track. Sounds crazy, however, it seemed normal for these athletes.

Track season for the Wildcats starts off a little differently here than it does elsewhere. Track members had to come to practice with their boots, mittens and shovels so they could clear off the the snow from the track. Sounds crazy, however, it seemed normal for these athletes.

Carson Dobrin

Carson Dobrin

Carson Dobrin

Andrew McArthur, Staff Writer

The PIHS track and field team is under the new direction of Dr. Randy Himes.

“I am very excited to see what this year’s track team is going to accomplish,” said Libby Moreau ‘20. “He [coach Himes] is very good at teaching us techniques on how we can improve,” said Moreau. For events, Moreau does hurdles, sprints, relays, high jump and long jump. Libby says she, “Hopes to build off of last year, and make more of an appearance at States.”

Coach Himes said, “I didn’t quite know what to expect when the season started, but as the season progressed, the kids responded to the workouts by having great performances in the meets.”

Jason Dumas ‘19 says that this year the goal he has for himself is to work on his upper body workouts. He also said, “I have a good feeling about this year, we have a few things that we should work on, but overall I think this will be a good year.”

Carson Dobrin
The members of the track team get to work clearing off the track at a mid-April practice.

Maddie Wing ‘18 says, “It’s kind of bitter sweet knowing this is my last year doing track, but I’ve had a successful running career, and I’m excited to see what this season brings.”

Meagan Grant ‘20, track team manager, said, “I think we have a good team this year, we’re all really involved and everyone is making good progress.”

Coach Himes added, “I could not have had a successful first year without the outstanding work of my fantastic Assistant Coaches, Coach Dobrin and Coach Greaves. I also need to recognize Mr. Waugh for setting me up for success by being a great coach before I got here. I hope the kids on the team have had as much fun being on the team and competing as I have had coaching them.”