Track athletes take on PVC Championship

Shelley McAtee

On Saturday, May 28 the PIHS varsity track teams competed at the PVC Large School Championship. The girls team finished in fifth and the boys teams finished in sixth place.

Cassidy Carlisle, Staff Writer

On Saturday, May 28 the PIHS track and field team traveled to Bangor for the PVC Large School Championship. To be able to attend this meet you had to either meet a qualifying time or mark or be accepted in to fill up spots.

The PI girls team finished in sixth place with a score of 32.5 points, and the boys finished in fifth place with a score of 58 points both losing to Bangor High School who took the winning title for both girls and boys.

Head coach Randy Himes feels this past weekend was a great start for next Saturday, June 4 when team members travel to the state track meet in MDI. “We have had a very good season so far this year, and I think both the boys and girls teams did an excellent job at the PVC Championship this weekend. We had several personal bests and we even had three kids win individual PVC Titles,” said Himes. “It was a great preparatory meet for the upcoming State Championship next weekend at MDI. All of the athletes are improving each week, and I look forward to more outstanding performance at the Class B State Meet.”

The Wildcats had a total of 11 athletes placing in at least one event.

Girls Scoring Points:

• Anna Jandreau 800 Meter Run (2nd place)

• Taylor Doyen High Jump (5th place)

• Cassidy Carlisle 1600 Meter Race Walk (1st place)

• Reagan Deschene 1600 Meter Race Walk (3rd place)

• Karlyn Gilmour 1600 Meter Race Walk (6th place)

• 4×400 Meter Relay (3rd place)

Adelaide Baser

Cassidy Carlisle

Addison Clairmont

Anna Jandreau

Boys Scoring Points:

• Malachi Cummings 110 Meter Hurdles (3rd place), 300 Meter Hurdles (4th place), Shot Put (5th place), Javelin Throw (2nd place)

• Brent Greenlaw High Jump (3rd place)

• Jonah Roy Pole Vault (1st place)

• Xavier McAtee Shot Put (1st place), Discus Throw (3rd place), Javelin Throw (4th place)

• Ezra Leach 1600 Meter Race Walk (6th place)