Time for a new chapter

Seniors cap off graduation weekend with Project Grad festivities

Andrea Thibodeau

Ben Duprey wins a cash prize at Project Graduation around midnight. This was one of many prizes the Project Grad committee organized for the graduates.

Cassidy Carlisle, Staff Writer

On Saturday, June 11, the class of 2022 officially became alumni of PIHS with commencement activities on the turf at 4 pm.

Starting at 8 pm until 4 am the seniors (plus one optional additional guest) attended Project Graduation at the high school.  Project Graduation is a way for the seniors to have one last celebration together before they begin their next chapter. It is also a way to ensure that graduates are not participating in unsafe activities the night after graduation.

This year’s theme was Survivor. It included food and drinks, different challenges periodically through the night, an auction, massages, henna tattoos, bowling, quidditch, a Mr. Presque Isle pageant, and prizes to end the night.

Senior class president Libby Kinney ‘22 feels that graduating comes with more than just one emotion. “Graduation was a mix of emotions for me, happy, sad, and nervous. But it was so great and it was so nice to see everyone all dressed up one last time,” said Kinney. “Project Grad was so fun as well, and I wasn’t as tired as I thought I was going to be.”