A Day in Colin’s World

Danielle Thompson

Colin Daigle spending time in the parking lot with his friends

Jessie Boucher, Staff Writer

Colin wakes up late, he drags himself out of bed taking the quickest shower possible.

After two minutes of speed dressing, he heads out the door.

He gets to school late, he arrives at Caribou High School for his welding class which he hopes to turn into a career with the Army.

Dragging through the three period block, he looks forward to heading to where his regular classes take place.

Getting out of class, he speeds to the next town over where he arrives at Presque Isle High School where he regularly goes to school.

He skips lunch and takes a seat in his fourth period English class with his least liked teacher.

He struggles through the rest of the day, but knows more fun comes after school.

During the winter it’s hockey practice, something he’s been passionate about for years.

“I’ve learned to not be lazy,” he said, referring to the long hockey seasons that seems to drag forever.

During the off-season it’s working at McClusky’s and doing work that needs to be done.

When neither are going on, he’s hanging out with his friends in the local parking lot. It’s a time to hangout, talk about the day, learn about new things that are happening, and listen to music.

“Meet me at the lot,” is a common saying while rushing out of the school at the end of the day.

Making memories his senior year is what he strives for. He spent the summer with his friends swimming in lakes, long rides in the BMW, and “getting grub” at a fast food restaurant.

He spends the winter doing donuts with his car, skating on the ice, and spending freezing cold nights hanging with his friends in the parking lot.

“It’s what I love to do,” Colin Daigle says.