Mr. P Says

Hunting “Powers”

Mr. P

Mr. P reflects on the tough hunting trip that took his ego down a notch.

Kiara Lyford, Staff Writer

While Mr. P may look funny riding around in his large red Ford and green and black plaid jacket most of the year, he fits right in during hunting season. Hunting is the real purpose for his giant truck and iconic jacket.

Every year, Mr. P takes his annual Powers’ hunting trip over Veteran’s day weekend. The hunting trip takes place at his family camp on the Aroostook River with great company.

“My father and several high school friends go, and when he’s not busy herding three baby daughters, Mr. Knox,” said Mr. P.
In two years, Augustus will be five years old. That is when Mr. P believes he will begin bringing Augustus along on the hunting trip, carrying on the family tradition to the next generation.

Hunting isn’t all fun and games. It takes patience and willpower. Mr. P has an appreciation for his trip that not all would have.

“It’s mostly me in the woods being cold with my personal zen, not seeing much,” Mr. P said. “It’s okay if I don’t see anything, because for me the trip is more about family tradition and having an excuse to gain ten pounds eating food that is horrible for me with no regrets.”

This year’s hunting trip was less a hunting trip and more just a trip. However, it didn’t take away from the fun tradition.
“The trip ended with zero deaths, human or animal, the only casualty being my pride.”