The Student News Site of Presque Isle High School

The Anchor

Breaking News
  • January 18Feb. 1-2 - ASVAB Testing for Grade 10
  • January 18Feb. 2 - Add/Drop Ends
  • January 18Feb. 2 - National Wear Red Day
  • January 18March 27 - Jazz Concert-MS/HS Groups (@ PIMS Auditorium)
  • January 18March 25 - 8th Grade Parent Night (@ Auditorium 6:00-7:00PM)
  • January 18March 23 - 2024 Odyssey Nor’Easter Tournament (@Noble High School)
  • January 18March 22 - Inservice-No School
  • January 18March 19-21 - Winter Carnival Events
  • January 18March 18-21 - Rising Sophomore Registration Meetings in Guidance
  • January 18March 17-19 - FBLA Convention

The Anchor

The Anchor

Poll

Have you listened to Taylor Swift's new album?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Openpath points of view

There are certainly a lot of experiences surrounding Openpath. Many students have expressed their disapproval of the app, but for others, it’s a non-factor. 

So what are the problems with this app? What are the benefits? Here are the top three opinions on Openpath:  

1. The door is not opening. 

Students complain of getting stuck outside because their Openpath isn’t working. You will regularly hear students banging on the entrance door in the cafeteria to get let inside. Though many students have the Openpath app, it doesn’t seem to always work, so students are then forced to wait for a student or Karen to let them inside. 

“It has worked every time for me, I don’t know what everyone else’s problem is,” Morgan Clair ’27 said. 

1. It makes people feel safer. 

Though the app irritates many people, it is good for safety. Without the Openpath app you will not be able to access the school unless someone lets you in. As many people know, there is a definite need for safety in public schools. This app helps enforce that safety making sure random people won’t be let into the school without permission. 

“The open path app makes the school more secure. Instead of the doors being unlocked for everyone from 7:30 am to 8:15 am, you will need the Openpath app or me to let you in to get into the school. Usually I can tell if you are a student in the school so I will let you in if needed,” Karen said

1. It won’t download on some people’s iPads. 

After discussing the Openpath app with students, a few have said it won’t download on their iPads. The app may download but students say it won’t let them log in. One said they don’t even see the point in downloading the app because it doesn’t seem to work for anyone.

“It just makes me angry because I can never get it to work, even when I try to download it on my phone,” Ivy Bosse ’27 said. 

If you are having trouble with the app, please email the Help Desk at [email protected] or stop in the Main Office.