The Student News Site of Presque Isle High School

The Anchor

Breaking News
  • January 18Feb. 1-2 - ASVAB Testing for Grade 10
  • January 18Feb. 2 - Add/Drop Ends
  • January 18Feb. 2 - National Wear Red Day
  • January 18March 27 - Jazz Concert-MS/HS Groups (@ PIMS Auditorium)
  • January 18March 25 - 8th Grade Parent Night (@ Auditorium 6:00-7:00PM)
  • January 18March 23 - 2024 Odyssey Nor’Easter Tournament (@Noble High School)
  • January 18March 22 - Inservice-No School
  • January 18March 19-21 - Winter Carnival Events
  • January 18March 18-21 - Rising Sophomore Registration Meetings in Guidance
  • January 18March 17-19 - FBLA Convention

The Anchor

The Anchor

Poll

Have you listened to Taylor Swift's new album?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

STAN-leys

Not only have Stanleys taken over the news and media, they have taken over PIHS
Kathryn Murchison
We’re not talking hockey. Stanley water bottles have become all the rage at PIHS. These TikTok viral cups have taken the world by storm with their appeals and views. Maddie Brazier ’26 and Sophia Archer ’27 do their work alongside their Stanleys. “The straws are also super convenient so I always drink so much water,” said Bartol.

It used to be “Hydroflask,” now it’s “Stanley.” Fads are nothing new in the high school world, but Stanley water bottles are different. According to CNBC, Stanley brought in $750 million in 2023. 

The brand has been around for decades, making camping-like gear. Starting in 2020, the brand spiked, but nothing like it did in 2023. Many call this the “TikTok Effect.” As shown on Stanley’s TikTok page, a woman had posted a video of her car burnt from the inside out due to a fire. Remaining—her Stanley with ice still in the bottle. Stanley saw her video and responded, replacing her car for her. The CEO’s kindness and the water bottle’s durability went viral. 

It’s nearly impossible to go a day at Presque Isle high school without seeing someone walking with their Stanley. 

“I like them because they keep all of my drinks cold all day. Plus the colors are cute,” Allie Bartol ’26, owner of two Stanleys, said.

The appeal? Numerous styles and colors, long-lasting ice, keeping your drink cold all day long, a handle, a straw and the trademarked logo on the front. You can even purchase a little cover for your straw, displaying a flower and other shapes.

“I definitely wouldn’t have a Stanley if they weren’t popular,” Sydney Lavigne ’24 said. “I’m glad I was influenced to buy it, but I know that if I wasn’t seeing them online I wouldn’t have bought one.”

Is it worth the hype? Just ask PIHS.