• April 25 GT Battle of the Books -(Aud. Period 6)

• April 23 SAT Make-up Day for Juniors

• April 21 Easter Sunday

• April 16-19 Spring Break

• April 15 Patriot’s Day - no school

Filed under news, Showcase, sports

Seniors Score Milestone Hockey Goals

Back to Article
Back to Article

Seniors Score Milestone Hockey Goals

“It makes me want to do it again. It also makes me feel good, because I made everyone proud and scored for the team and my school,” Tom Patenaude ‘19 said about scoring his 100th point during the semi-final game against Waterville/Winslow on March 2.

Dave Allen

Dave Allen

Dave Allen

Two seniors on the 2018-19 varsity ice hockey team accomplished a rare feat: Thomas Patenaude and Jake Stevens both scored their 100th point. Assistant coach Darren Carlisle said, “Seeing two seniors get their 100 points makes me feel proud and happy for them.”

Hockey players get one point for every goal they score and one point for every assist they make which leads to a goal, according to Coach Carlisle. “When I got my 100 points, I was in shock and could not believe that I actually accomplished my goal,” said Patenaude. Patenaude ended his high school hockey career with exactly 100 points, as his 100th point came during the semi-final game against Waterville/Winslow when Patenaude scored the tying goal to put the Wildcats into overtime. Tyler Seeley and Alex Michaud were the last two PIHS hockey players to score 100 points in 2013-2014 season.

As a senior looking back on his high school career, Patenaude would like his fellow team members to remember this: “You win and lose as a team. Leave it all on this ice. Always remember to stay out of the penalty box, put the puck in the net and we aren’t done yet.”

In addition to Patenaude’s and Stevens’ success, other hockey players received post-season recognition.  On Sunday, March 17 the Eastern Maine Hockey Coaches Association recognized the following PIHS hockey players: Torey Levesque and Thomas Patenaude got the 1st Team All-Stars. Third Team All-Star recognition went to Connor Demerchant. Jaren Winger received an Honorable Mention. All-Academic Team status to Torey Levesque, and Jonah Roy was named to the All-Rookie Team. Thomas Patenaude, Torey Levesque, and Riley Kinney were named Seniors All-Stars. The PIHS Hobey Baker Award went to Andre Daigle.