Humans of the Senior Class

Sabrina Lamb

“I might come back, but only to visit Mrs. Whitten.” -Sabrina Lamb ’18

Sydney Craig, Staff Writer

On top of the regular stresses of senior year — college applications, essays, prom dates, and passing English — Sabrina Lamb has a few more items on her plate, such as filling an entire sketchbook and putting together a portfolio full of life drawings and landscapes.

Lamb is applying to art schools all over the country, from California to New York and here in Maine. She plans on earning a degree in animation and becoming a full time artist. “There is nothing else that I can do that I’ll be happy with as a job,” said Lamb.

No matter where Lamb goes to art school, she will have a thesis her senior year of college that consists of putting together a short animated film. That film will then be presented to the public where businesses will come preview them and then hire the students on the spot for either a long term job or a short term project. That thesis along with an internship will have a huge impact on where Lamb ends up.

To make her more secure in her application process, Lamb recently traveled to New York City for National Portfolio Day, a day that art schools gather and look over applicants’ portfolios to give feedback. Lamb returned feeling more confident in her work and getting into her top choice school SVA, School of Visual Arts in NYC.

Knowing full well the “starving artist” stereotype, Lamb says that artists right now are in high demand and companies want people with creative minds for all sorts of reasons. Her father is very supportive. Lamb says, “I think my dad is more scared about me moving to a big city than me going to art school.”

Sabrina Lamb is a unique individual, exploding with talent, so be sure to keep an eye out for her work because you’ll be able to say, “I went to high school with her!”

Work from Lamb’s portfolio